If you are looking to start an online business, then I suggest you start with affiliate marketing because it is cheap and easy to start. In this article, I will teach you How to Promote Affiliate Links for Free.
Learning how to promote affiliate links for free have lots of benefits.
The most obvious benefit is you can start a business with $0 investment. What else can be better than that?
Other benefits include:
- Learn who is your audience for free.
- Gain affiliate marketing experience, again for free.
- You have more room for error (and hopefully growth after) because… you guess it. It’s free.
Affiliate Disclosure – I am an Affiliate of many products promoted on this website and may earn a commission if you purchase something.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
According to Wikipedia,
“Affiliate Marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts”Wikipedia
How do You Make Money from Affiliate Marketing?
Here are the simple steps on how you make money from affiliate marketing:
- Think of a product that you like to promote
- Type in the “product name” + “affiliate” on the search bar of your favorite search engine
- If the product has an affiliate program, then apply to the program
- Obtain your affiliate link for the product you which to promote
- Create a content, landing page, and/or e-mail swipes
- Encourage your readers/viewers to buy the product through your link
- Get paid for each completed transaction made through your link.
If you want to learn more about how you make money from affiliate marketing, WATCH the video below!
How to Promote Affiliate Links for Free?
There are lots of ways to promote your affiliate link. Some of them are free while others you need to pay. In this article, I will focus on teaching you ways to promote your affiliate links for free.
Promoting Your Affiliate Links on Blogs and Vlogs
What Is It?
Blogging and Vlogging is now the most common way to promote an affiliate link. The strategy is to deliver content to a specific group of people. The content usually aims to entertain, educate, or help readers and viewers. From time to time, the content marketer promotes a niche-related affiliate product to his/her audience.
- It makes your brand looks professional and trustworthy
- Evergreen contents can become a source of passive income
- Is it profitable and highly scalable
- Maintaining a blog is tedious and time-consuming
- Needs to master how search engine optimization works to gain huge traffic to a blog
- Starting a blog requires a lot of initial effort with zero return which can be discouraging
Steps To Starting an Affiliate Marketing Blog:
- Decide what niche your blog/vlog will be in
- Build your website
- Write an SEO-optimized articles
- Promote your affiliate products in your articles
Promoting Your Affiliate Links For Free On Forums such as Reddit and Quora
What is it?
People go to forums to ask and/or answer questions, share and discuss ideas, or simply consume information. As an affiliate marketer, your job is to add value to the members of the forum then invite your readers to click your affiliate link.
Before you share your affiliate link to the forum, be careful to understand the forum’s terms and conditions. Some forums allow you to directly share your affiliate link while others are strict about it.
For forums that are strict with sharing affiliate links on their site, you might have to create a landing page with your affiliate link in it.
- Less writing compared to blogging
- Quick results; no need for your blog’s SEO to mature before receiving traffic
- Create an answer or content template and use it over and over again
- Traffic is limited
- Traffic is temporary compared when your blog ranks #1 on search engine results page
- Traffic is not scalable
Step-by-Step Guide: Affiliate Marketing on Forums:
- Pick an affiliate product to promote
- Register an account with Yahoo Answer, Reddit, and /or Quora
- Go to sub-forums that are related to the affiliate product you are promoting
- Be active in the sub-forum! Answer questions, share value-adding content, etc.
- Understand the Terms and Conditions of each forum. Make sure you are allowed to post affiliate links before posting.
- If you are allowed to share affiliate links, make a call-to-action for your readers to click your affiliate link at the end of your post
- If you are not allowed, create a landing page with your affiliate link in it and share your landing page link instead.
Promote Your Affiliate Links for Free on Online Classified Ads
What is it?
This strategy works well, especially if the affiliate product you are promoting are in the “work from home” niche.
Many people are looking for a job. If you offer them programs or online courses that them an opportunity to be able to start their own online business or at least courses that will help them to start one, then
- You don’t need to write a long blog or post, just create a template and use it over and over again
- Lots of competition
- Only a few people take the ads seriously (not targeted)
Step-by-Step Guide: Affiliate Marketing on Forums:
- Register to The Free Ad Forum, Global Free Classified Ads, Craigslist, etc.
- Create a Work-From-Home Job Opportunity
- Share your affiliate link OR
- If job ads don’t allow links to be shared, leave your e-mail address
- Create a job opportunity email swipe with your affiliate link on
- Reply to people who are wanting the services
First of all, thanks for reading this article. I hope it is both enjoyable and helpful to you.
I wanna hear from you!
Are the steps clear and straightforward to you? Do you have questions about the tips and guides? Do you know more ways to promote your affiliate links for free?
Please let me know in the comment section below!
1 thought on “How to Promote Affiliate Links for Free?”
I haven’t taken the affiliate training direction, but the information is very clear, informative, and simple (at least it sounds simple, lol) I’ll have to keep this in mind if I change from promoting products with ads in them. There were more choices here than I thought they were. My other thought is a question, can we promote a product as much as you have on this site? I’ll have a lot more to say for my business than I can now. Thank you for sharing, very easy to read!